[opensuse-factory] xterm repaint issues with latest TW (kwin issue?)

Hi,

My TW laptop (currently at 20180120) does have severe issues with failed screen
repaints in xterm. Using cursor keys to access command history often leaves
parts or the whole history line blank. Also selecting text with the mouse
sometimes just show a black bar instead of inverted text.

Has anyone seen similar problems lately?

As also the complete screen seemed sluggish when switching virtual desktops I
somehow suspect kwin_x11.
As a sort of confirmation, trying to see if compositing makes a difference (it's
off normally) switching it on and off again after a moment crashed kwin_x11.
'kstart5 kwin_x11' revived the session, and since the restart the roblem is
gone.

Not sure if that is Mesa-related, I have so far not seen the problem on my
desktop running an nvidia card - the laptop is intel HD530.