Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot boot after upgrading to Snapshot 20180120
On Monday, 22 January 2018 07:43:17 GMT Oliver Kurz wrote:
On Sunday, 21 January 2018 23:16:17 CET CnZhx wrote:
Dear all,

I am wondering does anyone else have encounter a boot problem after
upgrading to Snapshot 20180120.

I have skipped several snapshots and upgrade my system from Snapshot
20180109 to 20180120 by issuing,

$ sudo zypper dup

zypper did pop up some information but I thought that was ok. There were
two kinds of messages:
1) Complaining that "recode" is obsoleted ( I chose to install the one
from
"base" repository instead);
2) Complaining that there are 3 files from kernel 4.14.12 will be
overwritten by those from kernel 4.14.14. ( I chose "yes" for this
overwriting)

After it finished, I reboot the system but it stopped at the line "Started
Command Scheduler".

Pressing Power button to restart results the same situation. I can boot
into the "pre" snapshot though. I have not issued a rollback in case I
need this state.

In case it helps, my main system packages are from Tumbleweed repos with
several applications such as qTox, kde-telepathy, dkms_acpi_call,
acpi_call
and some media related packages from other repos such as packman. Here is
the list of enabled repos,
```
# | Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check |
Refresh
---+----------------+-----------------------------+---------+-----------
+--------

3 | base | base | Yes | (r ) Yes |

Yes 4 | dkms_acpi_call | dkms_acpi_call | Yes | (r ) Yes

| Yes 7 | kde_fw | kde_apps | Yes | (r )
| Yes
|
| Yes 13 | packman | packman | Yes | (r )

Yes | Yes 14 | qTox | qTox | Yes |
(r
) Yes | Yes 16 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Non-Oss | Yes |
(r ) Yes | Yes 17 | repo-oss | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Oss | Yes

| (r ) Yes | Yes 19 | repo-update | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Update | Yes

| (r ) Yes | Yes 20 | ring | ring |
| Yes
|
| (r ) Yes | Yes ```

I wonder what the "ring" repo contains. Without the URL displayed I don't
know which repo that is. You can call `zypper lr --uri` to show that as
well.

Are you sure your system really "stopped" or is it just taking very very
long to come up with the next point?

Hi, Oliver,

Thank you for your response :-) Sorry that I hadn't made it clear with my
situation.

My hardware is a ThinkPad T470s with an Intel Core i7-7600U. The repos with
uri are,
```# zypper lr -E --uri
Repository priorities in effect:

(See 'zypper lr -P' for details)
99 (default priority) : 4 repositories
100 (lowered priority) : 5 repositories

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check |
Refresh | URI
---+----------------+-----------------------------+---------+-----------
+---------
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 | base | base | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Base:/System/openSUSE_Factory/
4 | dkms_acpi_call | dkms_acpi_call | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ramax/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
7 | kde_fw | kde_apps | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Applications/
KDE_Frameworks5_openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
13 | packman | packman | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
14 | qTox | qTox | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ecsos:/messenger:/tox/
openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
16 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Non-Oss | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/
17 | repo-oss | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Oss | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
19 | repo-update | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Update | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://download.opensuse.org/update/tumbleweed/
20 | ring | ring | Yes | (r ) Yes | Yes

| http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/szotsaki/openSUSE_Factory/
```
So the "ring" is for ring-client-KDE of GNU Ring.

It's the first time I ran into this situation in the 2-year time or so running
Tumbleweed as my main OS.

I have waited not too long (less than 3 minutes) for the boot. But I will try
to wait a long time for the boot after I send this email out. But this machine
has been very fast on booting.

Regards,
Haoxian