Re: plasma5 splash not going away, needs Mesa-dri installer, dependency issue (was: Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180116 released!)
  • From: Attila Vetesi <attila.vetesi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 22:21:03 +0100
Hi,

Thanks for the hints, I had the same problem, and installing Mesa-dri
solved the problem.
Although, this makes me a bit concerned about how will I be informed
about "recommended" packages which are in fact required. As others
mentioned, I'm also using --without-recommends, mainly because
otherwise I'm offered with +600Mb of download of packages I'm not
interested in (most of them are which I've deselected at the first
installation from scratch).
I hope a solution can be found for these kind of situations, so that
the other TW users who don't read the mailing list aren't faced with
non-working systems and questions like: "ooh, you didn't know you have
to install X and Y package after today's dup to have a working
system?!" :)

Thanks again,
Best regards,
Attila.