plasma5 splash not going away, needs Mesa-dri installer, dependency issue (was: Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180116 released!)
==== Mesa ====
Version update (17.2.6 -> 17.3.2)
Subpackages: Mesa-dri-devel Mesa-libEGL-devel Mesa-libEGL1 Mesa-libGL-devel
Mesa-libGL1 Mesa-libglapi0 libgbm1 libwayland-egl1

==== Mesa-drivers ====
Version update (17.2.6 -> 17.3.2)
Subpackages: Mesa-libva libvdpau_r300 libvdpau_r600 libvdpau_radeonsi
libvulkan_radeon libxatracker2

[...]
- Add Mesa-dri and Mesa-gallium to baselibs.conf.

This or something connected to this has caused an issue with the Plasma 5 splash screen not going away and therefore the Plasma desktop not becoming usable (on both my Tumbleweed machines, with SandyBridge/IvyBridge graphics).
In looking at logs, I saw something about DRI drivers not being able to load and I remembered the Mesa update, so I looked at packages that may have issues or may be missing and saw that "Mesa-dri" was not installed. After installing that one manually, the issue was fixed.

I suspect that there is an issue of some missing dependency that should pull Mesa-dri in.

Cheers,
Robert Kaiser