Re: [opensuse-factory] Wrong permissions VirtualBox
On lundi, 15 janvier 2018 17.25:38 h CET Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Hi,

Suddenly my VirtualBox instance wouldn't start, the message being

VirtualBox: Effective UID is not root

I remembered seeing this years ago, where the culprit was that /usr/lib/
virtualbox/VirtualBox needed 4755 as permissions. The actual perms:

-rwxr-x--- 1 root vboxusers 158320 10 jan 00:34 VirtualBox

Did a 'chmod 4755' on it and now everything is back to normal.
Anybody else seeing this? If so, I'll file a bugreport.

I've put my user in vboxusers group, as I found it more elegant ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch