Re: [opensuse-factory] Request 545194 would cause drop of fortune
On 11 January 2018 at 09:52, Stefan Seyfried
<stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11.01.2018 09:32, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Is there such a strong sentiment for recode? Really?

I couldn't care less about recode in particular, but I am sensitive to heavy
worded statements from openSUSE Board members.
--
Stefan Seyfried

What, precisely, is heavily worded about Gertjan's comment?

openSUSE does not distribute unmaintained packages.

As Dominique has clarified, "unmaintained" includes packages without a
declared or inherited maintainer, as well as packages that do have a
declared/inherited maintainer but those maintainers do not respond to
incidents in a timely manner.

My experience over the last 48 hours where a significant amount of my
work has been blocked by the latter, suggests your hunt for packages
without maintainers is misguided.

I think your enthusiasm for this topic would be better spent
motivating those maintainers who are not responsive to serious
problems with their packages, or finding additional maintainers to
help them, rather than wasting a lot of this list readers time
passive-aggressively criticising a Board member who effectively
managed to communicate the above facts of the matter rather
succinctly.

- Richard