Re: [opensuse-factory] QGIS
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 16:24:13 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 3. Januar 2018, 11:28:54 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
Current stable QGIS 2 uses
Python 2 and Qt 4, but there is beta version of version 3 based on Python 3
and Qt 5

Well, I just noticed that QGIS 2 apparently can be built with Qt5/Python 3 as
well.
So maybe that would be an option too (would avoid having to disable QtWebKit).

Although, the INSTALL file (in the 2.8.15 source archive) contains this:

3.9. Building QGIS with Qt 5.x
==============================

/!\ Warning: Qt 5 is not officially supported. Building against Qt 5
libraries seems to work quite well already but be prepared that you are one
of very few with this setup. We strongly recommend using QGIS with Qt 4 for
production work.

Python bindings in particular are not expected to be compatible. When Qt 5
is enabled, the build system automatically activates Python 3 and PyQt5 as
well.
There are no plugins and not even the python code shipped along the QGIS
source
code is compatible with PyQt5.

You have been warned.

Kind Regards,