Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE
On Mon, Jan 01, Olaf Hering wrote:

Creating a set of defaults for "SUSE" (which openSUSE/SLE/CAASP
essentially is) is the first step to get rid of these weird "branding"
packages, and provide just a single package with defaults that we need.
The brand we provide is "SUSE", nothing else. That several flavors
exists does not really matter. It is not obvious why someone has to take
extra actions to enable printing, or virtualization, or whatever else is
still listed in default-openSUSE.preset and default-SLE.preset.

Beside that you did not adjust CAASP and broke it with your change, I don't
see this as doable.
Yes, there are core services, which should be running on all systems.
But especially your examples of "printing" or "virtualization" is something,
you want to have different on different products. And that's why there
are "presets" in systemd and it is no longer hard coded: to allow different
defaults for different products.

Having one "Core" presets with important things you always need is a
good thing, merging everything into one is impossible.

Thorsten