Re: [opensuse-factory] blk-mq schedulers in Tumbleweed
02.01.2018 13:29, Bruno Friedmann пишет:
On mardi, 2 janvier 2018 11.10:40 h CET Andrei Dziahel wrote:
Hi all,

As you know, we've got blk-mq merged to kernel since 4.13,
introducing, in particular, BFQ — an multithreaded low-latency
desktop-oriented I/O scheduler, hopefully to eliminate the infamous
#12309 kernel bug.

So, I've tweaked a `60-ssd-scheduler.rules` udev rule (it did set
scheduler to `deadline` for SSD drives) and made it support blk-mq as
well, should it has been enabled in kernel command line; there it
goes:
https://github.com/develop7/systemd/blob/8463b5cb40d2bfbadda4406c5d6cb9c585
f64e47/rules/60-io-scheduler.rules. There's a PR featuring this tweak at
https://github.com/openSUSE/systemd/pull/7, hopefully it'd be merged.

Works well for me. Feedback is welcome.

What about the support of nvme devices ? I didn't see them in the rules
mentionned.

NVMe devices do not even use IO scheduler ...