Re: [opensuse-factory] Funny scrolling problem in KMail
  • From: Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 18:50:08 +0000
On Monday, 1 January 2018 14:54:52 GMT Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

happy new year!

Since a few days / some Tumbleweed snapshots [1] I noticed a funny
scrolling problem in KMail.

When reading a long mail (for example a Tumbleweed snapshot
announcement), I can scroll down with the "page down" key exactly once.
Pressing page down again does nothing, even there's enough text left to
scroll down.

If I scroll up again, the "page down" key works again exactly once to
scroll to the "second page", and then it stops to work.

I can scroll down with the "down arrow" key (slowly of course) until the
end of the mail.

Scrolling with the mouse also works until the end of the mail - both by
clicking the scrollbar and by using the mouse wheel.

Oh, and if I scrolled down with the down key or the mouse, pressing
"page up" brings me to the beginning of the mail, as if I had only
scrolled down by one page. Even more funny - pressing "page down"
scrolls up to the second page.

Confirmed as well.
Is this a known issue, or do I need to open a bugreport?
Good idea if one doesn't already exist

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] looking at /var/log/zypp/history, the Qt and KDE updates in 20171223
might be a candidate

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20171222
Qt: 5.9.3 KDE Frameworks: 5.40.0 - KDE Plasma: 5.11.4 - kwin 5.11.4