[opensuse-factory] Funny scrolling problem in KMail
Hello,

happy new year!

Since a few days / some Tumbleweed snapshots [1] I noticed a funny
scrolling problem in KMail.

When reading a long mail (for example a Tumbleweed snapshot
announcement), I can scroll down with the "page down" key exactly once.
Pressing page down again does nothing, even there's enough text left to
scroll down.

If I scroll up again, the "page down" key works again exactly once to
scroll to the "second page", and then it stops to work.

I can scroll down with the "down arrow" key (slowly of course) until the
end of the mail.

Scrolling with the mouse also works until the end of the mail - both by
clicking the scrollbar and by using the mouse wheel.

Oh, and if I scrolled down with the down key or the mouse, pressing
"page up" brings me to the beginning of the mail, as if I had only
scrolled down by one page. Even more funny - pressing "page down"
scrolls up to the second page.

Is this a known issue, or do I need to open a bugreport?

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] looking at /var/log/zypp/history, the Qt and KDE updates in 20171223
might be a candidate
--
<cboltz> oh, sbeattie is still alive ;-)
<sbeattie> nope, I deny all existence of conciousness here.