Re: [opensuse-factory] Removing K3b but upgrading k3b?
* cagsm <cumandgets0mem00f@xxxxxxxxx> [12-17-17 08:46]:
So is this a real bug with the buildsystem of opensuse because those
messages are from a simple 42.3 with default repos only. Often I think
of these messages that the original creators of the distro then switch
and make up their mind from scratch in midstream during the
maintenance phase of the distribution. Always looks odd to me. Thanks
for the replies though.

no, it is not a bug nor a mispelling or random.

it does look somewhat odd.

the key is: Application != Package
the names are different, ie: K3b vs k3b
but they are referencing the same utility, k3b.

perhaps it is really an incomplete feature ??? but it harms nothing. you
can complete disregard the zypper announcement(s):
"The following application is going to be REMOVED:"