Re: [opensuse-factory] Removing K3b but upgrading k3b?
Am 17.12.2017 um 13:13 schrieb Daniele:
Il 17/12/2017 13:03, cagsm ha scritto:
Hello list,

I have every now and then observed kind of similar situations, that
some package written or name ind a slightly other way is going to be
removed and then replaced by some similar or same stuff but written
differently. Are developers renaming their packages or misspelling
their stuff or is fundamental development tools or so causing
different nameing schemes or something? Thanks.

------
sudo zypper up
Reading installed packages...

The following application is going to be REMOVED:
   K3b

The following 3 packages are going to be upgraded:
   cifs-utils k3b k3b-lang

3 packages to upgrade.

--------

Yes it's boring but you don't have to worry about it.
Application != Package
I've dozen of Applications removed each time I use zypper..

It's something about repo/metadata..
Someone will explain it better..

Daniele.
See, e.g., https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-11/msg00193.html