Re: [opensuse-factory] Issues with claws-mail and IMAP over SSL
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:28:09 +0000
Luis Falcon <falcon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Liam !

¡Hola!

Probably Sylpheed does not use libetpan for IMAP, and that is a life
saver :)

I guess not.

I had not been using Claws for long, but I must say, I did find it quite
complex to configure. Sylpheed was much easier, apart from getting SMTP
STARTTLS working. The SSL settings are spread across 3 or 4 different tabs in a
complex dialog, which is not ideal.

But I rather like it. My only remaining problem is that it regularly freezes up
on me. It always comes back, but you never know how long. It *badly* needs a
progress dialog but it doesn't seem to have one I can find.

It's really nice to know that Sylpheed and Claws remain quite
compatible after all these years.

Indeed so.

I sort of would like to see them recombine, but they are going in different
directions now. Sylpheed is quite stripped-back and simple, whereas Claws has
rather more options than I actually wanted or needed -- and like KDE, often not
the ones I particularly wanted.

Thanks for the feedback !

:-) My pleasure!