Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing virtualbox-host-kmp-default for 4.14.3
On 12/13/2017, 04:14 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
I submitted the change to Factory, and the Updates for Leap 42.2 and
42.3; however, the requests have been declined by Andreas Steiger (see
boo#1068211). It seems that there is some disagreement within openSUSE
regarding when an update should be triggered.

No, it only means, that this change is not needed in Leap. Leap kernels
are taken from SLE and it preserves kABI. I.e. no need for rebuilds with
kernel updates.

Perhaps I should learn dkms and supply code to build the kernel modules
on the fly. As the build time is substantial even for the kmps, I would
prefer not to do this.

Oh no. This is not the use case for dkms.

thanks,
--
js
suse labs