Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Libreoffice 6.0 (a beta1 really?)
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:32:24 +0200
пʼятниця, 8 грудня 2017 р. 20:54:49 EET tomtomme написано:
I also would favour to wait for 6.0. We had early LibreOffice RCs the
last times and they were pretty buggy. Some of them were pretty annoying
to work with. For example copy paste in impress was broken, I always had
to copy things two times to be able to paste them. This vanished only
with the .2 point release.
LibreOffice is unstable anyway, RC or not. There are cases when RC is more
stable than some release version. Current Tumbleweed's LibreOffice Writer
5.4.3.2 crashed for me yesterday and crashed whole X with itself. So, can't
see any serious problem with RC if it will pass openQA.

And I wonder where the "in agreement with the users" comes from. We had
a hand full of users (me also) complain here about those early releases
the last times too. Are we to few? Not vocal enough? What are we
expected to do?
IMHO, there is no actual polls, so absence of a lot of cries like "OMG, IT
DOESN'T WORK" is fine to accept as agreement.

I wonder also why libreoffice devs / users may want this. Whats their
reasoning to release it so early? AFAIK LibreOffice is the only big
player that does this in Tumbleweed.
Maybe it is good to have additional repository for "not officially stable but
ok
for use", but it would be too much work for maintainers, I think.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky