Re: [opensuse-factory] avr-gcc cannot find avr-as
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

* Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx> [Dec 08. 2017 10:12]:

Ok, it's not so easy. We would have a limits.h that would get substituted
for a broken system ones but that won't work unless the system provides
its own.

So it really boils down to a "bootstrap" issue. avr-libc has to
provide limits.h (and find it) during its build.

Thanks for the investigation.

But where would avr-libc get this file from ?

It is not included in the avr-libc tarball.

Where does avr-libc get its "includes" from? Does it end up installing
a limits.h file in include/? Maybe it just generates it somehow?

For cross-avr-gcc-5.4.0, it is provided by cross-avr-gcc.

Yeah, but it's based on a "fixed" host one...

Neither cross-avr-gcc6 nor cross-avr-gcc7 seem to provide it.

... because we now remove those "fixed" host header files from
the target include/

Richard.

Klaus

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB