Re: [opensuse-factory] avr-gcc cannot find avr-as
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

* Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx> [Dec 08. 2017 09:14]:

Maybe simply try cross-avr-gcc from Tumbleweed instead?

I see cross-avr-gcc7 available in Tumbleweed. However, this fails
compilation of avr-libc with

../../../libc/stdlib/strtol.c:33:10: fatal error: limits.h: No such file or
directory

Want a bug report ? ;-)

Well. cross-avr-gcc7 doesn't have a libc and limits.h is from libc so
this is an issue in avr-libc. Or you need to set up a "proper" cross
compilation staging with a -bootstrap package, see existing examples
in the gcc7 package that use newlib (newlib also lives in devel:gcc
so I'm fine with putting avr-libc into devel:gcc as well).

I suppose cross-avr-gcc in CrossToolchain:avr sets up things in a
"proper" way already.

Richard.

Klaus

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB