Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171201 released! - changes users config for WM and postgresql version
  • From: Gerd <gerdfleischer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 21:28:00 +0100
Am Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2017, 16:54:30 CET schrieb Dominique Leuenberger /
DimStar:
On Sun, 2017-12-03 at 11:17 +0000, Ianseeks wrote:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 14:58:26 GMT Dominique Leuenberger
wrote:
Hi

When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the
subject.
It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a
thread
while discussing a specific problem.

Is there a way to lock the users preferred current config so they do
not have to go to "alternatives" and change the setting back after
some updates?

After the first time you change the alternative, it is set to 'manual'
mode and won't be affected by any future changes from the package
manager

e.g.:

# update-alternatives --display default-displaymanager
default-displaymanager - auto mode

=> I'm running in auto-mode

If you use

# update-alternatives --config default-displaymanager

and pick the one you want to use, the mode will be switched and no
longer be changed for you

For me after postgresql 10 landed I switched to 9.6,
and after one of the latest snapshots I had to do the switch again because
akonadi did not work as it was set auto to postgresql 10?

Regards, Gerd