Re: [opensuse-factory] libevtlog
Hi,

On 11/30/2017 03:48 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2017-11-30 at 08:37 +0100, Peter Czanik wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Peter Czanik <peter@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
OK. In this case I update the syslog-ng package to 3.12.1, merge
fixes
from Richard ( https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/544690# ),
test
the package and submit it. Once it's in, we can drop libevtlog.
(libevtlog is a library developed by the guy / company as syslog-
ng)
This conflict was also found by repo-check:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:adi:
67
For the public record (I mentioned the same on the submit request):
Repo checker is right.

The packaging guidelines about 'merging packages' was not adhered to:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_dependencies#Merging_a_package

Once this is adhered to, r-c won't complain and let this package pass.
OK. So I should revoke this request.

Is it OK if I modify packages this way?

Provides: libevtlog0 = 0.2.13
Obsoletes: libevtlog0 <= 0.2.13