Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: libproxy error after dup
On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 14:22 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Monday 2017-11-27 12:48, Andreas Schwab wrote:

On Nov 27 2017, Matthias Brugger <mbrugger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried to do another zypper dup from the command line, in case
something
didn't get updated correctly, but to my supprise I found my self
with the
next error:
zypper: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/librpoxy.so.1: undefined
symbol:
_ZN9libmodman14module_manager8load_dirENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringI
cSt11char_traitslcESaIcEEEb

That doesn't appear to be a valid mangled symbol, it isn't
recognized by
c++filt. Probably libproxy needs to be rebuilt.

The symbol and filenames were not properly transcribed into the
email.
(Or when did you have a "rpoxy.so" in the system?)

-_ZN9libmodman14module_manager8load_dirENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt
11char_traitslcESaIcEEEb
+_ZN9libmodman14module_manager8load_dirINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt
11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEEEvT_b

Given this is a template, it is conceivable that libmodman changed
from
explicitly instantiating the template to implicit instantiation with
the definition being inlined, i.e. the function moved to a .h file)

modman shouldn't have done that without bumping the SONUM.

THere were no changes to libmodman since 2014

The last rebuild of libmodman was on Jul 17 2017

Libproxy was last rebuilt on 13 Sep 2017

Now somebody explain how this could possibly have gone 'broken' in
yesterday's snapshot? The binaries of neither libproxy1 nor libmodman1
have been replaced in > 2 months.

Cheers
Dominique