Re: [opensuse-factory] openSSL 1.1 is now the default SSL implementation
On lundi, 27 novembre 2017 12.01:32 h CET Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Monday 2017-11-27 10:34, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On lundi, 27 novembre 2017 10.15:14 h CET Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar

wrote:
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Over the weekend the Staging for openSSL 1.1 could be finalized and
checked in

What would be the prefered way for openSUSE when the software can be
compiled with for example libressl or libgcrypto.
Which one should be used in terms of global project preference ?

There is a Prefer: entry in the prjconf that selects openssl over libressl.
Not sure if one can override it with another Prefer: in a home: project.
Hi Jan,

I don't see that we have the Prefer: openssl in server:db:pg

In the build log I'm seeing really
https://build.opensuse.org/build/server:database:postgresql/
openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/pgadmin3/_log

[ 13s] [188/398] cumulate libressl-devel-2.6.3-1.1

and the requires in the resulting build need the corresponding lib
zypper in pgadmin3 (for s:d:p) result in libcrypto42 pgadmin3

Did you mean it will be different inside Factory?
I've a ongoing sr for the new build since yesterday

libgcrypto is not API compatible, and so that is a packager choice
more than a buildsystem preference.
This one is possible due to the fact that upstream code support it as an
alternative to openssl

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch