Re: [opensuse-factory] Rich Text button
  • From: Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 09:16:27 +0000
On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 18:00:12 GMT Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-21-17 12:46]:
On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 13:47:49 GMT Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op dinsdag 21 november 2017 13:12:28 CET schreef Ianseeks:
On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:29:52 GMT Daniel Morris wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 09:18:30AM +0000, Ianseeks wrote:
provider. Maybe your provider, but I don't detect their headers.
Maybe

these:
OM,

__FRAUD_WEBMAIL_FROM, FROM_NAME_ONE_WORD, __TO_MALFORMED_2,
__TO_NO_NAME,
__SUBJ_ALPHA_END, __HAS_MSGID, __SANE_MSGID,
INVALID_MSGID_NO_FQDN,
__MIME_VERSION, __CTE, __CT, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN, SUPERLONG_LINE,
__NO_HTML_TAG_RAW, BODY_SIZE_600_699, BODYTEXTP_SIZE_3000_LESS,
__MIME_TEXT_P1, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY, HTML_00_01, HTML_00_10,
BODY_SIZE_5000_LESS, __FRAUD_WEBMAIL, NO_URI_FOUND,
NO_CTA_URI_FOUND,
__PHISH_SPEAR_STRUCTURE_1, BODY_SIZE_1000_LESS,
BODY_SIZE_2000_LESS,
__MIME_TEXT_P, NO_URI_HTTPS, BODY_SIZE_7000_LESS

Its the same provider i use to send emails to all lists so why no
others get "spammed", i have no idea. I didn;t realise that your
own
provider tags sent emails as spam, i thought it was done on receipt
of
an email.

Spam scoring & tagging is often done at the recipient's MTA, but
there's
no reason it can't be done at other stages as email gets relayed
between
machines. There's obviously a trust issue (rogue senders could spoof
the
spam-scoring as well) so in most environments only the last hop
counts,
and that helps with lightweight/mobile clients too.

I guess as BT is a large ISP with a variable community of users they
may
be testing "outbound" mail to try and prevent some abuses escaping
their
network and damaging their reputation?

BT seems to have done this for a long while with your outbound
postings,
and you typically seem to score 8-10/50 when sending :) I expect your
local/last-hop-inbound spam categorisers have changed a ruleset
recently
which is why your mail was marked as SPAM locally to you. You'll need
inspect the headers on the received message on your machine, as when
your reply goes back out to the list and is received <everywhere else>
then whatever is running <everywhere else> will have overwritten the
X-Spam-.... tags locally (or been stripped en-route).

For example, your mail tagged as "[SPAM]" sent back to the list only
scored -2.5 for me, with a required of 5.0, scored by SpamAssassin.

If you are doing Bayesian filtering, when was the last time you
trained
your local categoriser with recent ham, as well as spam?

HTH,

Daniel

Cheers for the explanation. I don't do any filtering at all apart from
using
rules on incoming in kmail

After reading Daniel's explanation I remembered that my former ISP
started
outgoing mailfiltering for their customers. I had to turn it off in the
settings of their webapp. It had two options, filter your @isp mail,
filter
all mail from your IP address, to post in MLs without issues.

Not completely offtopic, i.e. kmail related: to see if there is a setting
in
~/.config/kmail2rc, I grepped -i html on ~/.config/kmail2rc and found it
have ~1500 duplicate lines.

I didn't get any duplicates but i did see this in the [Composer] section

html-markup=true
improve-plain-text-html-message=false

Queries on Folders Section:
Config details for 24 folders but i only have 8 folders (excluding the
standard ones)

I also have 2 config sections for the same folder

[Folder-16]
MailingListArchiveAddress=http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/
MailingListEnabled=true
MailingListFeatures=95
MailingListHandler=0
MailingListHelpAddress=mailto:opensuse-factory+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MailingListId=
MailingListOwnerAddress=mailto:opensuse-factory+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
PutRepliesInSameFolder=false
UseDefaultIdentity=true
HtmlLoadExternalOverride=false

[Folder-25]
MailingListArchiveAddress=http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/
MailingListEnabled=true
MailingListFeatures=95
MailingListHandler=0
MailingListHelpAddress=mailto:opensuse-factory+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MailingListId=
MailingListOwnerAddress=mailto:opensuse-factory+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
PutRepliesInSameFolder=false
UseDefaultIdentity=true
htmlLoadExternalOverride=false

maybe you might change the line: html-markup=true

That was my thought too but i wasn't sure if thats a safe thing to do.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20171117
Qt: 5.9.2