Re: [opensuse-factory] Rich Text button
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 15:20:47 +0100
Op dinsdag 21 november 2017 15:03:16 CET schreef Patrick Shanahan:
* Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-21-17 08:49]:
Op dinsdag 21 november 2017 13:12:28 CET schreef Ianseeks:
On Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:29:52 GMT Daniel Morris wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 09:18:30AM +0000, Ianseeks wrote:
provider. Maybe your provider, but I don't detect their headers.
Maybe

these:
S_FR
OM,

__FRAUD_WEBMAIL_FROM, FROM_NAME_ONE_WORD, __TO_MALFORMED_2,
__TO_NO_NAME,
__SUBJ_ALPHA_END, __HAS_MSGID, __SANE_MSGID,
INVALID_MSGID_NO_FQDN,
__MIME_VERSION, __CTE, __CT, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN, SUPERLONG_LINE,
__NO_HTML_TAG_RAW, BODY_SIZE_600_699, BODYTEXTP_SIZE_3000_LESS,
__MIME_TEXT_P1, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY, HTML_00_01, HTML_00_10,
BODY_SIZE_5000_LESS, __FRAUD_WEBMAIL, NO_URI_FOUND,
NO_CTA_URI_FOUND,
__PHISH_SPEAR_STRUCTURE_1, BODY_SIZE_1000_LESS,
BODY_SIZE_2000_LESS,
__MIME_TEXT_P, NO_URI_HTTPS, BODY_SIZE_7000_LESS

Its the same provider i use to send emails to all lists so why no
others get "spammed", i have no idea. I didn;t realise that your
own
provider tags sent emails as spam, i thought it was done on receipt
of
an email.

Spam scoring & tagging is often done at the recipient's MTA, but
there's
no reason it can't be done at other stages as email gets relayed
between
machines. There's obviously a trust issue (rogue senders could spoof
the
spam-scoring as well) so in most environments only the last hop
counts,
and that helps with lightweight/mobile clients too.

I guess as BT is a large ISP with a variable community of users they
may
be testing "outbound" mail to try and prevent some abuses escaping
their
network and damaging their reputation?

BT seems to have done this for a long while with your outbound
postings,
and you typically seem to score 8-10/50 when sending :) I expect your
local/last-hop-inbound spam categorisers have changed a ruleset
recently
which is why your mail was marked as SPAM locally to you. You'll need
inspect the headers on the received message on your machine, as when
your reply goes back out to the list and is received <everywhere else>
then whatever is running <everywhere else> will have overwritten the
X-Spam-.... tags locally (or been stripped en-route).

For example, your mail tagged as "[SPAM]" sent back to the list only
scored -2.5 for me, with a required of 5.0, scored by SpamAssassin.

If you are doing Bayesian filtering, when was the last time you
trained
your local categoriser with recent ham, as well as spam?

HTH,

Daniel

Cheers for the explanation. I don't do any filtering at all apart from
using rules on incoming in kmail

After reading Daniel's explanation I remembered that my former ISP started
outgoing mailfiltering for their customers. I had to turn it off in the
settings of their webapp. It had two options, filter your @isp mail,
filter
all mail from your IP address, to post in MLs without issues.

Not completely offtopic, i.e. kmail related: to see if there is a setting
in ~/.config/kmail2rc, I grepped -i html on ~/.config/kmail2rc and found
it to have ~1500 duplicate lines.

wow ~1500 dup lines, mine has 223 lines complete

btw, in my config there is an html line for every kmail folder. might
explain a little.
Yup. saw that, but kmail seems to write to the file, but not remove folders
that are no longer there. Will have to do some more digging.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team