Re: [opensuse-factory] manpages.opensuse.org
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 07:48:37 +0100
Cameron Seader wrote:

Greetings,
Online Manual pages sure is a nice thing. Some widely known good ones
are man.freebsd.org, die.net, manpagez.com, manpages.ubuntu.com. It
would be nice if we had online man pages such as the ones like the
ubuntu manpages. It helps in cases like the kubic project where the
man pages are not installed into the MicroOS. There are many other
examples of why this might be useful. This would also direct google
searches over our way as well. Is there any way in which we could make
this happen for openSUSE? I'd be happy to work on something to get the
ball rolling.

It's essentially just a webserver serving up man pages in HTML. There
are tools out there (e.g. man2html) that will help with that - if
someone wants to put that together, I'm sure we can find or set up a
webserver for it. I'll be happy to help with the latter.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.1°C)