[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/46
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

While a lot of people were having fun during openSUSE’s Hackweek 0x10
(Edition 16), Tumbleweed kept on rolling (mostly) – and I am sure we
will soon see the various fruits from this hackweek. SUSE engineers
having fun does not equate with fewer changes in Tumbleweed: there have
been 7 snapshots released since my last review (1109, 1111, 1112, 1113,
1114, 1115 and 1116, which hit the mirrors just moments ago)

The list of changes is as you expect: overwhelming. And we successfully
delivered again on our promise to give you a ‘stable, rolling, up-to-
date distribution’:

* Mesa 17.2.4, followed shortly after by 17.2.5
* Linux kernel 4.13.12
* Mozilla Firefox 57
* KDE Plasma 5.11.3
* KDE Applications 17.08.3
* KDE Frameworks 5.40.0
* Java 10 tech preview

The staging areas are already all filled up again and contain those
interesting changes/updates:

* Linux kernel 4.14.0
* openSSL 1.1 as default (will probably still be a bit)
* PostgreSQL 10 (some package conflicts to be worked out)
* Java OpenJDK 1.7 will be removed from Tumbleweed (there is still
1.8, 9 and 10 there for you)
* The efforts to get YaST/libstorage-ng ready are going to be resumed

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages