Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built
On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 12:49 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-11-14 09:25, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 00:21 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
"zypper up zypper" will just handle all that.

No it won't really because zypper up won't change repo's it
will make
sure you have the latest version of zypper shipped in 42.3
which is
probably good practice anyway.

I think he means after changing the repos. The process, as
published
somewhere, is to first do "zypper patch", then change the repos,
then
run "zypper up zypper", perhaps adding rpm there, and finally do
"zypper
dup".

Not exactly,

zypper patch must be the last call you do on your 42.x installation
ensure you get all updates for 42.x on your machine.

Yes, exactly. That is what I wrote :-)

eh, right - so we agree :)

I misread this sentence of yours:

I think he means after changing the repos. The process, as
published
somewhere, is to first do "zypper patch",

sequentially there was change repo / zypper patch mentioned and I did
not process it clearly enough to make sense of it. My bad.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >