Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built
14.11.2017 02:01, Simon Lees пишет:

On 13/11/17 23:48, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On 13.11.2017 06:50, Simon Lees wrote:
On 13/11/17 15:04, Felix Miata wrote:
Simon Lees composed on 2017-11-13 14:04 (UTC+1030):

instead we make sure the old one is perfectly
capable of upgrading to a new version. Running "ldd

Would be interesting to know how you handle today that zypper will always
work with future versions.
A built-in DeLorean?

Well thats not quite what I said, but if new features have been added to
zypper between 42.3 and 15.0 we will make sure that packages don't need
/ use them for an upgrade but really zypper doesn't have most of the
upgrade magic, its all in the %pre %post etc of the spec files.

No it won't really because zypper up won't change repo's it will make
sure you have the latest version of zypper shipped in 42.3 which is
probably good practice anyway.

Are %pre %post etc aware of "zypper up" vs. "zypper dup"?