Re: [opensuse-factory] upgrade packaging not statically built
On 13.11.2017 06:50, Simon Lees wrote:
On 13/11/17 15:04, Felix Miata wrote:
Simon Lees composed on 2017-11-13 14:04 (UTC+1030):

instead we make sure the old one is perfectly
capable of upgrading to a new version. Running "ldd

Would be interesting to know how you handle today that zypper will always work
with future versions.
A built-in DeLorean?

/usr/lib64/libzypp.so.1600 will give you a list of some of the other
libraries that zypper requires you'd have to update all these as well.

So I guess my two line script could benefit from a study of ldd's 43 line
output, if I were capable of digesting it.

Note this may not be the complete list, you also need to check the
zypper and rpm binaries as well, once the list gets long enough you
might find things that are pre install requirements as well.

"zypper up zypper" will just handle all that.
Afterwards, "zypper -v dup --no-r" should upgrade everything else.
--
Stefan Seyfried