Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171023 released!
  • From: Markus Feilner <mfeilner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 19:29:24 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2017, 17:43:20 CET schrieb Richard Brown:
If Luca is right (and I think he is) then I would like to point out
that you agreed to the following when you installed Mesa-dri-nouveau
on your system:

"WARNING: Nouveau DRI/3D driver selected.

BTW: That warning is completely new to me, after two years of Nvidia GFX Card
and Tumbleweed with Nouveau only.
Nouveau has always been the standard selection on my TW systems, neither did I
choose it nor did I get that message, it simply worked... I didn't have many
problems with it. Last week was the first time I gave in and installed the
NVIDIA drivers, but only because of the recent repository (and to check if
that was the problem's root).

Did I miss something or do something wrong? I guess someone might check if
this warning - if so crucial as you mention - is really displayed - I never
saw it.

--

Markus Feilner
Team Lead Documentation

P.S.: I moved - new home address: Wöhrdstraße 10, 93059 Regensburg

SUSE Linux GmbH
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

- - -
"Well, MY part of the Titanic is rising."
- - -

+49 173 5876 838 (also via Signal), privat: +49 170 302 7092
mfeilner@suse.[com|de] http://www.suse.com
G+: https://plus.google.com/+MarkusFeilner
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markusfeilner