Re: [opensuse-factory] Kontact/kmail crashing often
  • From: Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:22:57 +0100
Op dinsdag 31 oktober 2017 12:00:59 CET schreef Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Op dinsdag 31 oktober 2017 10:25:43 CET schreef ianseeks:
Hi

Is anyone else getting this problem? Kmail or Kontact crash at will and
sometimes crashes out using the crash handler and sometimes just dies
without it. It seems to happen when you access an email, read or unread,
i've not had it crash for any other action so far.

I will log a bug if it seems to be happening to others as well.

I was going to delete the akonadi database to see if it makes any
difference on a fresh database as there are loads of duplicates in it but
i'm fed up with recreating the kmail settings etc, is there anyway i can
remove the data without removing the settings?

Regards

Ian

No regular crashes here, but an easy to produce one here: new mail, start
typing the emailaddress, after four or five characters kontact/kmail
crashes.

Using fully updated Tumbleweed with kontact for months now without any
crashes. Previous I did suffer from crashes. Using radeon as graphical device
driver.
You can export contacts and import these afterwards. Only groups are not
saved.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf