[opensuse-factory] ffmpeg and h264 (again) using vaapi
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 23:04:46 +0300
Hello,

I am running Leap 42.3. It is stated that H.264 is disabled in ffmpeg in
opensuse due to legal reasons:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Firefox_MP4/H.264_Video_Support

However, some hardware (for instance Intel Quick Sync Video) have
ability to hardware h264 decoding. And this currently works for me out
of the box via gstreamer-vaapi. So, I think hardware h264 decoding is
allowed in opensuse.

At the same time, I've failed to achive this for ffmpeg. I am tring to
follow this guide: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Hardware/VAAPI

But every time I see the following: "This build of ffmpeg does not
include a "h264" decoder needed for input stream #0:0."
Well, is it possible to force ffmpeg use vaapi by default to decode h264
in hardware?