Re: [opensuse-factory] MOTD content and bit of expansion
On 2017-10-27 11:46, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Hello all,

Currently we have in motd only "have a lot of fun..." string which is
nice but sadly lacks some informative value. That is quite needed esp
in container world to keep up at least some PR levels of what is being
used.

We can do many things there but I would aim for minimal approach that
states something along the lines:

"Welcome to openSUSE <release> host, have a lot of fun..."

You have that info in "issue" and "issue.net". Putting that into "motd"
I think would be incorrect:

motd (5) - message of the day

The abbreviation "motd" stands for "message of the day", and
this file has been traditionally used for exactly that (it
requires much less disk space than mail to all users).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.