Re: [opensuse-factory] FF56 Flash Player - Working on Windows 10 not working on Tumbleweed
On 26/10/17 08:19 PM, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 25/10/2017 20:47, Christian Boltz ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2017, 19:29:10 CEST schrieb Marco Calistri:
>> In my case to answer to Patrick, I see the warning message to "Update
>> Flash Player" whenever I click on a Facebook attached video despite I
>> already have the latest Flash Player plugin installed in FF56
>
> Try to disable Flash Player in the firefox plugin settings  - and I
> really mean to set it to "disabled" - "ask every time" won't work [1].
>
> I know this sounds like a funny advise, so let me explain ;-)
>
> Many sites automatically switch to HTML5 video when they detect Flash
> Player isn't available. This detection is done based on headers your
> browser sends.
>
> I rarely view Facebook pages, but last time I did, I was able to play a
> video. I uninstalled Flash Player two years ago, so it obviously worked
> without Flash ;-)
>
> Oh, and I didn't miss Flash Player in the last two years ;-) - most
> pages I usually visit all switched to HTML5 video, and in the very rare
> case I can't see a video, youtube-dl helps.
>

> Regards,
>
> Christian Boltz
>
> [1] Last time I tested, Firefox did still send out the header indicating
>      that Flash Player is installed when it was set to "ask every time"
>      mode. Note that this was two years ago, so while I never heard about
>      a change in this area, I won't guarantee that the behaviour is still
>      the same ;-)

Tested by following your directions and it didn't works: The page
containing the video tells that I need to install Flash-Player :-(

Cheers,

Marco,

Install freshplayer. It uses the chromium pepper flash file. It will work.

Description
freshplayerplugin - PPAPI2NPAPI compatibility layer

The main goal of this project is to get PPAPI (Pepper) Flash player working in
Firefox.
This wrapper implements some kind of adapter which will look like browser to
PPAPI plugin and look like NPAPI plugin for browser.

--
Cheers!

Roman