Re: [opensuse-factory] /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager obsolete (was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171022...)
On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 07:29 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

It seems kdebase3-kdm suffers the same problem as KDM:

KDE3* suffers from much more: even simple build fixes linger around for
weeks until somebody accepts them - let alone how long stuff lies
around when it even stops building.

In my opinion, KDE3 has to either get people devoted to it and actually
WORKING on fixes (or at least accept my submissions when I already feel
friendly enough to care for it) - or it has to disappear from TW. I'm
tired of running after those packages over and over again.

As for KDM3: there are plenty of examples around how to register the
package with the u-a handler... have a look at how sddm, kdm, xdm, gdm
does it, and submit a fix.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >