Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171022 released! - Login Manager changed from KDM to SSDM
On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 09:11:14AM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 23:29 +0100, ianseeks wrote:

Thanks for the link. I think the choice of login manager should
still be a config option in something like Yast/systemsettings5,
seems like a backward step to go back to the cli to change things.

You can use the yast module 'alternatives' to select one of the
registered display managers. If a DM does not register it yet as an
option, then that's a bug.

So am I right in thinking that /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager is now
obsolete?

If so, what about the other configuration choices in that file, like
DISPLAYMANAGER_REMOTE_ACCESS ?

Similarly for the keyboard settings - it seems we should now be using
the ibus tool and no longer (for instance) the item in KDE's
systemsetting5 - is that correct?