Re: [opensuse-factory] TW : needing libcrypto.so.10
On 24/10/17 03:41 AM, Mathias Homann wrote:

Am 23.10.2017 um 23:28 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
>> that being said: if I had to try to make some foreign package work
>> I'd opt for a debian package. Preferrably the one for the debian
>> version that is kind of half way between the oldest supported one,
>> and the newest. Then I'd convert that package to rpm, using alien,
>> and then let zypper sort out dependencies.
> That is basically no better.

well, it's at least better than just creating links / copies of
libraries under different names, and hoping. This way at lets lets you
uninstall the software cleanly through rpm.

cheers
MH

> Debian, like Fedora, invented its own
> SONAMEs. (And who could blame them, openSSL just does not declare
> any!) It just happens that their chosen name matches openSUSE's, but
> that is not always have to be the case—cf. gsoap/libgsoap10 where
> numbers were made up on the spot. The ABI issue would still remain.
ouch. I actually didn't know that there can be libs that do not properly
define their own names.
kill them with fire.

I installed libopenssl1_0_0 as it's the same as libcrypto.so.10.
You can create a symlink pointing to libcrypto.so.10.

--
Cheers!

Roman