Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Fail2ban 0.10.1 with IPv6 features in security/fail2ban
On 10/24/2017 09:29 AM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
A link-local address needs to be qualified with the interface
(eg. fe80::1%eth0).
Oh, thanks. I forgot this. But unfortunately "wget" still does not play
with this IPv6 syntax. br0 is my bridge to the first network adapter eno1.

$ wget -6 --bind-address=fe80::a%br0 http://[fe80::1%br0]/mythweb
http://[fe80::1%br0]/mythweb: Invalid IPv6 numeric address.

As I mentioned in another note, Unique Local Addresses will work fine.
Like RFC 1918 addresses on IPv4, they can be routed etc., but not onto
the Internet.