Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 02:22:02PM +0200, Steffen Sledz wrote:
On 15.08.2017 14:18, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
Since today there are updated NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed.

Great project! But I miss packages for G02 (and G03) adapters.

Driver versions used for G02 and G03 packages (legacy drivers!) lack the
support for libglvnd, which we're now using for Tumbleweed. It would be *a
lot* of work trying to provide packages for them, and I'm even not sure
whether it's doable at all. Currently I don't plan to invest my time into
looking at this.

BTW: The repos for Leap still contain G02 and G03 packages.

We don't use libglvnd yet on Leap. That's the reason.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany