[opensuse-factory] Re: FF56 in Tumbleweed
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:24:28 +0200
Achim Gratz writes:
I didn't see any mention of what I am supposed to do until I have used
my second machine to figure out how much breakage FF56 creates for me
with the plugins I am using and how to fix it.

Now, that plan has already hit an obstacle: FF56 is not available for
i586?

I managed to convert the installation on the old machine from i586 to
x86_64 without a full re-install, so I now have FF56 on there. The
conversion was smooth sailing in comparison to what I am now facing with
the extensions: most of what I've come to rely on either isn't ready yet
(so I can't test it), their developers have thrown in the towel
(i.e. these will never be updated) or the suggested replacements are
lacking the very functionality I'm using. But that's not an issue for
this list…

So please can somebody tell me how to keep ESR52 alive on my main
machine?

Regards,
Achim.