Re: [opensuse-factory] GNOME Wayland (in QEMU)
On 07/30/2017 02:45 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

I still do not see how I am supposed to start GNOME under Wayland, even
though this is allegedly default in GNOME 3.24. Selecting GNOME session
in GDM start X session.

Getting back to an old thread from July.

I currently have Ubuntu 17.10 under QEMU. And Wayland is working.

When setting up for a KVM install, I set it to use "vnc" instead of
"spice". That seems to be the missing clue. It seems that "vnc"
supports Wayland, but "spice" doesn't.

I should add that I am running KVM under Leap 42.3.