[opensuse-factory] nvidia and kernel 4.13 from obs:/Kernel:/stable/standard
Hi,

I'm wondering why I don't get the combination of kernel 4.13 and the
proprietary nVidia driver to work.

I also have installed a 4.12 kernel from that obs repo, and the nvidia
installer runs nicely and everything works fine.

When booting into a kernel 4.13, I only have a flickering startup screen
- there is no graphical display, but the system obviously tries to show
it, falls back to the command line, tries graphical mode again and so
on. The switching is so fast that I can't even use Strg-Alt-F3 to enter
a console... Only rebooting into a kernel 4.12 helps.

What am I missing?

Last thing I did was setting the default runlevel to "multi-user"
instead of "graphical". I'll try to get useful messages at least.
Currently I can only presume that kernel 4.13 handles the hardware in an
way that is incompatible to the way 4.12 does, but I have no clue how to
get around this.

Next thing is that I'm going to (re-)install the nvidia driver when
running a 4.13 in text mode.

Anyone here who can help me, please? What should I look for?

Werner