Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Access Hotspot notification? wasTumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/41
On Mon, 2017-10-16 at 20:37 +0000, Marco Calistri wrote:

And how NM was working *before* the introduction of the "network-
checker
", I mean before 2016/04?
May be it is just a personal feeling but I'm still not seeing a great
utility in having this feature enabled as default.

It blindly switched the connection to 'online' when an IP address was
assigned.

The feature might not benefit you personally, but it does benefit users
that actually travel with their notebooks.

The discussion can be held for every on/off switch: some people would
like it one way, some the other way.

I'm not going to be the right person to toggle this thing off - after
all I went through all the hoops to get all the services up and running
before I toggled the config switch (so that there was actually no
negative impact once we enabled it.. and it worked for 18 months until
you realised we DID switch it on :) )

cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >