Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Access Hotspot notification? wasTumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/41
Il 14/10/2017 15:44, Malcolm ha scritto:
On Sat 14 Oct 2017 08:20:28 PM CDT, Andrei Dziahel wrote:

Affects me too!

Il 13/10/2017 09:59, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar ha scritto:
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Week 41 felt rather ‘quiet’, don’t know why.. it’s not as if nothing
would have happened. There were, after all, 5 snapshots released
(1005, 1006, 1007, 1009 and 1010), delivering on the promises from
last week.

Those snapshots contained those noteworthy updates:

* GNOME 3.26.1
* KDE Plasma 5.11
* Linux Kernel 4.13.5
* Mozilla Firefox 56 (not for i586!)
* Mesa 17.2.2
* Zypper 1.13.37: if you keep on runing ‘zypper up’ with this on
Tumbleweed, you will get a warning that this is not the correct way.
You stay in control, but at least we can refer to: I told you so.

There are quite some larger things happening in Staging, which is
why we opened two new staging projects (Staging:N and Staging:O)

* openSSL 1.1 as default (Staging:N)
* Remove python2 from a default installation (Staging:O)
* PostgreSQL 10 is still on the todo (the submitted packages are
not all installable)
* Linux Kernel 4.13.6

Besides all this progress, please take note that various openSUSE
services will not be avaialble on the weekend OCt 14/15, as was
announced here: https://goo.gl/Xkmcy9

Cheers,
Dominique

Hello after latest "TW dup" a strange window opens on my Gnome whose
title is: "gnome-shell-portal-helper" it contains an Apache root
folder with the content: check_network_status.txt with date of
27-Jun-2013 and the file inside contents is :"NetworkManager is
online"

Wonder what it is and how can I disable it from appearing at every
login.

Hi
A forum user reported the same issue and a temporary fix ;
http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=527636

I tried to duplicate and can't, have no idea why it's going to
nmcheck.gnome.org rather than conncheck.opensuse.org (which it should
be) maybe an extension?

/usr # fgrep -r "nmcheck.gnome.org" *

Binary file bin/gnome-shell-extension-prefs matches
Binary file lib/gnome-shell/gnome-shell-portal-helper matches
Binary file lib64/gnome-shell/libgnome-shell.so matches

Thanks Malcolm for your indications.

The fact is that a day after the problem occurs, I stop to see that
oddity on my desktop and also the network status indicator stop to
display the question-mark "?" and backs to show the connection icon, so
I really don't know what happened because I've not touched/changed anything.

Best regards,

--
Marco Calistri
Linux version : openSUSE Tumbleweed 20171010