[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/41
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Week 41 felt rather ‘quiet’, don’t know why.. it’s not as if nothing
would have happened. There were, after all, 5 snapshots released (1005,
1006, 1007, 1009 and 1010), delivering on the promises from last week.

Those snapshots contained those noteworthy updates:

* GNOME 3.26.1
* KDE Plasma 5.11
* Linux Kernel 4.13.5
* Mozilla Firefox 56 (not for i586!)
* Mesa 17.2.2
* Zypper 1.13.37: if you keep on runing ‘zypper up’ with this on
Tumbleweed, you will get a warning that this is not the correct way.
You stay in control, but at least we can refer to: I told you so.

There are quite some larger things happening in Staging, which is why
we opened two new staging projects (Staging:N and Staging:O)

* openSSL 1.1 as default (Staging:N)
* Remove python2 from a default installation (Staging:O)
* PostgreSQL 10 is still on the todo (the submitted packages are not
all installable)
* Linux Kernel 4.13.6

Besides all this progress, please take note that various openSUSE
services will not be avaialble on the weekend OCt 14/15, as was
announced here: https://goo.gl/Xkmcy9

Cheers,
Dominique