[opensuse-factory] Re: Enabling PulseAudio on XFCE default
Am 11.10.2017 um 21:00 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
Hi Takashi

Am 11.10.2017 um 17:24 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
Hi,

while we're at XFCE update:
another topic I had in my mind since the last year is to enable
PulseAudio as default for XFCE. I know many people are still using
ALSA directly, but for the new system, deploying PA would be
(supposedly) less pain for a wider range of users.

Looking at the current setup, we have the following:

- In patterns-xfce4, the spec contains:

%package xfce_basis
Requires: xfce4-mixer
Requires: xfce4-notifyd

- In xfce4-branding-openSUSE, the spec contains:

%package -n xfce4-panel-branding-openSUSE
Recommends: xfce4-mixer
Recommends: xfce4-panel-plugin-mixer

I did a quick check with a changed panel-branding-openSUSE and
patterns-xfce in home:seife:xfce, built an image locally and the
pulseaudio plugin was used for the live user.

Now the questions are:
- Do we still need Requires in patterns-xfce4?

I used
Recommends: pavucontrol
Recommends: xfce4-panel-plugin-pulseaudio
in patterns-xfce
And this worked just fine.

So If you want, you can just submit the two packages from
home:seife:xfce into X11:xfce and it should just work (the images in
home:seife:xfce will pick it up from X11:xfce so you can easily test).
--
Stefan Seyfried