Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: RFC: Proposed relocation of /var/lib/rpm
On 9 October 2017 at 16:38, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/10/17 03:47 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far

The vast majority of feedback seems to not object to the idea of
moving the rpmdb out of /var, but there is obviously a fair bit of
concern that /usr/share is not the correct place for it

We don't want to 'double book' /usr/lib/rpm which is already in use by
rpm, but I can definitely see the logic of having it in /usr/lib

Therefore my proposal now is that we'll use /usr/lib/rpmdb as the new
location for the rpmdb location, and I'm changing my patchset
accordingly.

Thanks

Thank YOU!

Don't thank me too heavily yet - while I do have a working package
(and Tumbleweed, Kubic, and SLE images) with /usr/lib/rpmdb, I am
rather swayed by Neal's arguments, especially as he's an rpm
contributor upstream.

I'm reaching out to other rpm upstream developers and other interested
parties to get a better feel for a broader feeling.

This isn't the sort of thing I want to change twice ;)