Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: RFC: Proposed relocation of /var/lib/rpm
On 05/10/17 03:47 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far

The vast majority of feedback seems to not object to the idea of
moving the rpmdb out of /var, but there is obviously a fair bit of
concern that /usr/share is not the correct place for it

We don't want to 'double book' /usr/lib/rpm which is already in use by
rpm, but I can definitely see the logic of having it in /usr/lib

Therefore my proposal now is that we'll use /usr/lib/rpmdb as the new
location for the rpmdb location, and I'm changing my patchset
accordingly.

Thanks

Thank YOU!

--
He who stops being better stops being good.
-- Oliver Cromwell