Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: SUSE Studio Express questions
On 2017-10-06 18:49, Axel Braun wrote:
On 2017-09-26 12:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It would be great if one could import a kiwi project that one
currently runs on a local computer. Not just one set up in Studio.

You should be able to add kiwi files that you have locally, there's
nothing magic here. What is not working for you?

Sorry to step in....I'm currently trying to migrate some Studio appliances to
Studio Express. After some manual adjustmends I got it building, but the
result (a 4GB vmdk file) is not accepted by Virtualbox (invalid format)

So I went back to start to JeOS Template - and found that this fails to
buiild
as well:
[ 81s] Problem: nothing provides kernel-default needed by virtualbox-guest-
kmp-default-5.1.26_k4.4.85_22-31.1.x86_64

Manually removing virtualbox-guest-tools fixes that, but then the image is
only
half way useable..

Clearly OBS has improved in terms of kiwi/Studio capabilities, but is still
far behind Studio. Sad, as we all no that Studio has no future...

Best discuss this with the build service team - the factory list is the
wrong list, use opensuse-buildservice mailing list instead.

See also http://openbuildservice.org/2017/09/27/suse-studio-express/

Andreas
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)