Re: [opensuse-factory] Workarounds for Buggy Bluetooth Audio
On 2017-10-08 00:59, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Saturday 2017-10-07 22:57, Carlos E. R. wrote:

after that, the sound device should show up in `pavucontrol`
and be usable from media players when they are set to use libpulse.

Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I assume it has to be done as root
(because you wrote '# bluetoothctl', not "> ..."

I (later) figured you need the normal user for bluetoothctl, because that
would be the program to spawn (if not running yet) and/or connecting to
the pulseaudio instances -- which root has none of, but the user does.

I try as user, I can not even start:

cer@minas-tirith:~> bluetoothctl [bluetooth]# power on
No default controller available

Yeah don't know how that happens. But with the mess that modern desktop
systems
are, it does not surprise me. (I don't even trust Windows to get this right
all
times, which is why so many single-user systems run with a semi-admin account
all the time.)

I got it working in the end, but it is all very confusing and I don't
know how to repeat.

I had to unplug-replug the adapter to try again.

Pairing failed initially, because computer and earphones had already
been paired in the past. Then the paired, but I don't know what I did
that caused it.

And sound played.

I exited "bluetoothctl" program, powered off and on the earphones, and
they paired automatically. Maybe the "bluetoothctl" magic only needs
been done once per session unless I disconnect the dongle. Maybe also
after hibernation.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.